Breastfeeding Don't & Do's



        Breast milk contains all the prime nutrients, which are required for an overall growth and brain development of a newborn baby. It’s advised to exclusively breastfeed your baby till 6 months of age, and to continue till the 2 years of age (unless otherwise medical condition is there).

      In my case I was blessed enough to breastfeed my baby exclusively for first 6 months of his life and still continuing by God's grace. But often new mothers get anxious about whether they are doing it properly or not, whether baby is getting enough milk or not. I also faced the same at starting. Then during the course I realized something which I am sharing here.

✅Remember✅

❤If your baby is healthy and growing well you’re doing fine mommy.
❤For your baby, nobody in this world can do better than you.
❤Be confident and stop being guilty for almost everything. 
❤Your body has already gone through a lot. First you take care of yourself. Rest will automatically be done.


How to stimulate the lactation process?

🤱Feed your baby often (every 1.5 to 2 hours) to boost lactation. The emptier your breasts are, the faster they produce milk.
🤱Switch sides every time you feed. 
🤱If the baby is not nursing, make sure to express milk regularly.
🤱Drink plenty of water to stimulate lactation. Infact have a glass of water just before nursing your baby.
🤱Get enough sleep and rest (atleast try to have😅). This is so important. 

(I used to follow these and in my case all these worked fine. Always consult your doctor, if required. )

✅What is to be included in your diet?✅

🍒Have a balanced diet full of proteins, vitamins fibres.
🍒Green leafy vegetables are an excellent source of minerals such as iron, calcium, folate and vitamins.
🍒Lentils (specially masoor daal) are source of protein, and are high in iron and fibre. I ate a lot a lot a lot !!!
🍒Drink milk regularly. 
🍒Oatmeal is rich in fibre which helps in digestion.
🍒Eat fruits regularly.

(I used to follow these and in my case all these worked fine. Always consult your doctor, if required. )

🚫What you should not do during breastfeeding?🚫

❌Atleast for 6 months do not try to loose weight. Breastfeeding itself helps to loose those extra calories.
❌Avoid pacifiers and bottles to encourage exclusive breastfeeding, or else baby may have nipple confusion. 
❌Avoid spicey, oily and junk food. Instead have a balanced nutrient-rich diet which is essential for both mommy and baby.
❌Do not smoke.
❌Do not consume alcohol. 
❌Stop worrying. Anxiety, stress, depression reduces milk supply. A stressed mother can not lactate properly. 
❌Avoid caffeine. 
❌Avoid gassy food.
❌Avoid food with strong smell.

(I used to follow these and in my case all these worked fine. Always consult your doctor, if required. )

       Take very good care of yourself. Enjoy and embrace motherhood. Wish good health and happiness for you and your little one. 

Enjoy motherhood 💕

Disclaimer- I am not any professional. I'm just sharing my personal views what I experienced. This may or may not match with yours. Always consult your doctor, if required.  I own all the pictures and footage of this blog. Kindly do not reproduce without prior permission. 

©️Prama Sarkar, 2020.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gulabjamun Cake (without whipped cream & food color) Step by step

Soft Gulabjamuns (using Khoya) Step by step

Parenting Done Right : Do Not Let Depression Win